About This File
This hook will obtain data from Steam for your users and place it in your IP.Board database for use anywhere on your site. Your board will re-load your members Steam information, in batches, every 15 minutes, time can be changed, so you always have up to date information without impacting load times of your community pages.
This hook, out of the box, will display steam information in the following places
- Member Profile
- userInfoPane (Next to all of their posts)
- Board Index
- IP.Content page (IP.Content Block included)
- Member Hovercards (Steam Online Status only)
More detailed information about the members Steam profile are displayed on the Members Profile page. Including an optional list of games the member owns. Out of the box the list of games can be shown in either an image grid layout, or list view. If you'd like to see other layouts, let me know or tweak the templates to your liking.
This hook integrates seamlessly with Lavo's Sign in through Steam.. It will automatically detect if it is installed and pull that users information.
Don't have Lavo's sign in installed? No problem, this hook works with a Custom Profile field also. Want to use both a custom profile field AND Lavo's hook? Not a problem, this hook seamlessly pulls information from both locations to create a single list of users to pull information.
Valid Steam Input format for Custom Profile Field:
- Steam Name: ex. ' Aiwa '
- 17 digit Steam ID: ex. 76561197964468370
- Old school Steam ID: ex. STEAM_0:0:2101321
If there are any other places you'd like to see a users steam information displayed, let me know. It's a very simple matter to output this data on other parts of your IPS Community.
In order for this hook to pull your information, your Steam profile status must be set to Public.
What's New in Version 1.1.0
- Major Storage schema update for increased scalability.
- Improved Error handling
- Added ability for Members / Admins to update profiles manually
- Added ability to validate the SteamID the member has entered into their profile
- Added admin ability to Remove / Restrict Individual members from having their profiles pulled
- Performance enhancements / Bug Fixes